Sunday Series Race Committee Duty:
Race Committee shall keep a record and submit it to the Race Director that same day. If the Race Director is not present, the records may be left in the HYC bulletin board case.
- Record should include:
- weather conditions
- wind velocity for each race
- names of participants
- sail numbers
- number of races run
- starting time of each race
- finish time of each boat
- Leave Committee Boat & chase boat clean and orderly.
- Notify Race Director of problems or supplies that are needed.
Note: You must fulfill your RC duty to qualify for the Sunday Series. Assisting with RC counts.
- Committee Boat shall leave the dock at 2:00 p.m.
- Races shall start at 2:30 p.m.
- Races shall be abandoned by 3:00 p.m. if there is no wind.
- Races shall be abandoned if lightning is seen or heard.
- No race shall start after 4:00 p.m.
- Buoy course layout shall be windward leeward, once or twice around, announced by the Race Committee, dependent on wind conditions.
- Skippers should participate as Race Committee at least once. (See List) If you cannot participate on the date you are listed contact someone else on the list and trade places with them. Let the Race director know of the change.
- Each participating skipper will be given throw-out days equal to 30% of races held rounded down.
- Low score for the series wins: Race Committee will receive a zero for each race they run and each skipper’s score will be their finish position. i.e. first place 1 point second place 2 points etc.
- Starting Instructions